Web Design Intern
- Live. Create. Inspire. Sound appealing?
- Some people live to work. Some work to live. At SWIRE, we do both. Because with the right mix of people and skills, not to mention people skills, we’ve found work can be fun.
And when work is fun, it’s better. When it’s better, people notice. When they notice, you get more work. This continues until one day you wake up and say to yourself, “I need a web design intern to help with all this work.”
That’s where we at SWIRE are today. We’re looking for a special kind of geek who loves life, loves work, and would love to help plan, execute and design websites and online marketing materials.
- Here are some of the things you’ll do:
• Plan site design by clarifying goals and designing functionality
• Develop site navigation by categorizing content; funneling traffic through content
• Develop site content and graphics by coordinating with copywriter and graphic artists — designing images, icons, banners, etc.
• Monitor site performance and results; identifying and evaluating improvement options
- Here are some of the skills you’ll have:
• Keen eye for striking design
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Strong Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator skills
• Passion for graphic design
• Planning skills
• Web user interface design experience
• Browser capabilities awareness
• Excellent verbal communication and teamwork skills
• Ability to handle multiple projects
- And here’s how you could stand out:
• Illustration tools
• Web programming skills (HTML, CSS, jQuery, etc.)
• Understanding of mobile programming standards
• Wireframing experience
- Sound like a fulfilling, creative and even inspiring opportunity? Can you commit to 20-24 hours per week for three months? School credit (upon instructor/school approval) and a $500 stipend are included. Flexibility and reliability are expected. And if you love life on top of that, we’d love to talk.